Happy Birthday Walt Disney World!
To keep up with the Joneses I need to post my own set of construction picture updates taken at the Magic Kingdom. As we all know, Fantasyland is almost doubling in size with the new expansion. The DisneyDayByDay family visited the parks just last week and stretched their arms up as high as they could on the Dumbo ride to bring you these exclusive shots. Oh, and at the very end we threw in a few Swiss Family Robinson Tree House construction pictures as there hasn’t been enough coverage of that.
When When When
I know most of you have been wondering when all the new attractions will open. As you can imagine Disney is not putting firm dates out there yet as weather and construction delays make scheduling a bit difficult. So bear with them and enjoy the progress. Here is a rough idea of what they are proposing.
Dumbo will be closed in early 2012 to prepare for the move. The ride system will be moved to its new home next to the other Dumbo in Storybook Circus. The double Dumbo will open later in 2012. The Great Goofini, because it’s just a re-theme, will open in early 2012 along with the new Fantasyland train station.
Take a peek at the new attractions:
· Under the Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid – This ride will feature attractions from our favorite characters and music from The Little Mermaid movie. Here is a nice preview of the recently opened Disney Land attraction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JM1XCgfnS8&feature=relmfu
· Be Our Guest Restaurant – If you’ve been to the park recently you might have noticed the Beauty and the Beast castle rising in the distance. The castle will be the home of a restaurant, holding about 500 guests. This new restaurant will offer counter service throughout the day but will switch to a table service in the evening for Dinner. No official word yet if this will be character dining. Around the castle you’ll also find Belle’s Village; including Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.
· Belle’s Cottage – A story telling area for Belle and other characters from Beauty and the Beast.
· Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – One of the most anticipated pieces of the expansion will likely be the last to open. This rollercoaster will feature an entirely new ride system in which the ride vehicles will actually swing back and forth as they take corners along the track. Take a look at the computer ride here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C03pM_9ukY
· Princess Fairytale Hall – Say goodbye to the current Snow White’s Scary Adventures. This attraction is being replaced with a meet and greet for Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel. Sorry to see Snow White go, but glad to hear the princesses will have a home.
· Storybook Circus – The replacement for Toon Town will feature:
o Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Get ready for double the Dumbo! Will this lessen the wait? We can only hope. Dumbo will be moving from its current location and will feature a second ride system doubling the capacity. The attraction will also feature an interactive ride queue giving you the chance to join the circus and step inside the Big Top for fun-filled interactive experiences for kids of all ages.
o Goofy as The Great Goofini – If you rode the Barnstormer then you might find this ride to be somewhat similar as it will be the exact same ride system with a new paint job giving you the feeling that you are taking a flight high above the new circus fun.
And now for the moment you have all been waiting for…….The Swiss Family Tree House is currently closed for refurbishment until mid November 2011. No changes have been announced so this is most likely standard cleanup and maintenance.