Monday, August 29, 2011

Shrunken Ned’s Junior Jungle Boats, worth it?

  As you exit the Jungle Cruise with your kids, get ready to hear – “Can I drive one?  Come on…. Please!?!”   Do your best to keep walking, but I will admit that I have been pulled in.   Shrunken Ned’s Junior Jungle Boats is the chance for you to drive your own miniature version Jungle Cruise boat.  At a cost of $2 for a few minutes you’ll be able to steer your mini boat around a variety of obstacles, including a small volcano.   Be sure to have a few $1 or $5 bills to purchase your tokens.

  Let me start off by saying when I was a kid I loved the chance to drive anything remote controlled and this included the boats.  Now that I have a son, I truly enjoy sharing these attractions with him and seeing his eyes light up.  So, it hurts me to say that this area has been a major disappointment on our last few trips to the Magic Kingdom.   Many of the boats are out of service; with their wheels covered. Others that we have put money into don’t work.  Oh, and once you put your money in, if it doesn’t work, it is difficult to find an employee in the area to help out.  On the off chance that you have the coins and your boat does work, your kids may find steering difficult.  Good luck trying to get your boat turned around once you are trapped in a corner.     


  You have already had the thrill of seeing the back side of water and Da Nile river, so as you exit the Jungle Cruise be sure to walk swiftly and keep your child’s eyes from wondering to the right.   You and your pocket book will have a much better day.   If you enjoyed this blog then my name is Sean and this is the www.disneydaybyday.blogspot.com blog.   If not, then my name is Bill and this was Pirates of the Caribbean.   Enjoy the rest of your day here at DisneyDayByDay!

3 comments:

  1. Our son always wants to drive these boats, but its much more of a hassle than its worth. As mentioned, half the time the boats don't work. A lot of times the boats get stuck and our 7 year old gets frustrated with them. Def. skip these if you can.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'll be jerking my kids away from this one. Oh girls, look to the left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! We always had to stop and our boats got stuck or didn't work too. Yup, walk fast past this one:)

    Deb @ Focused on the Magic

    ReplyDelete